Thursday, January 3, 2013

Global Green USA Green School Makeover Competition Presented by Pureology

Every child deserves a learning environment that’s safe, healthy, free of harmful toxins and optimal for learning. Unfortunately, many schools across the country are subjecting children to unhealthy classrooms with poor lighting and inefficient energy usage, which costs most schools more money than they spend on books and computers.  When a school goes green, children benefit – as well as the environment!

I try cleaning my house as toxic free as possible and I would also like my sons school to try to clean with toxin free cleaning products.  I feel that it is better for their respiratory system as well as their overall health . I would also like them to use light bulbs with less mercury. 

I do have to give props to my sons school though for making their own garden right in front of the school its a step in becoming green:)

 This is why I have entered my sons school in to the Global Green USA Green School Makeover Competition. 
Presented by Pureology. Just go to the site, http://www.pureology.com/GreenSchools , and fill out the form and state why your school should have a green makeover and share the competition with your friends and family and school that way they can enter too!!


Take action and nominate a school for Global Green USA’s Green School Makeover Competition Presented by Pureology! From January 1 to March 31, 2013, visitPureology.com/GreenSchools to learn more and nominate a school. If you need help, work with your school principal or school facilities administrator to complete the application. Remember to think about the types of green upgrades your school needs and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment